All new and existing tenants are strongly advised to check out the latest How to Rent Guide issued by HM Government.
Before you start viewing properties, there are a few factors to take into consideration. Believe us when we say, missing out on a property you love can be heartbreaking! So firstly, make sure you are in a position to proceed. For most people this will mean having the following in place:
- Enough funds to pay a security deposit (up to around 5 weeks’ rent) and the first month’s rent.
- A clear idea of the area you wish to move to, factoring in essential things like links to local transport networks, schools, shops etc.
- Your monthly budget. Make sure you would still be able to afford the property if it went up by around 3%, to account for possible rises in line with inflation after your initial fixed term. The good news is that we never charge non-refundable fees or deposits to tenants, other than your rent.
A Quick Overview of the Process
- Once you have viewed a property with us and you wish to proceed, we will ask you to fill out an application form with some basic information and history about yourself and any co-applicants. We then discuss all proceedable applications with the landlord.
- Once both parties are happy to proceed, we will ask for the one weeks’ holding deposit - fully refundable by deduction from the first month’s rent - to begin the referencing and contracting process, and take the property off the market on receipt of this.
- We will then carry out some checks to include:
- Your credit and employment history
- References from previous landlords & employers
- Right to Rent check required by UK law
- On successful completion of the checks, we will ask for the full security deposit and remainder of the first month’s rent to be paid prior to the tenancy start date. We will then send details of the Deposit Scheme your money is protected with.
We use the very latest technology for all of our referencing and contracts. This saves you time and money - no posting of documents, no repeat trips to our offices, and no delays. All you need is a computer or smart device, and you can be ready to move into your new home within a few days.